Paediatric nephrology at the Vimhans Nayati Super Specialty Hospital is considered one of the finest in the country. Our dedicated team ensures to provide the best treatment for the patients; their wise-decision making is a result of having extensive experiences in this field. Through this, we ensure our patients the very best care.
Although difficulties related to the kidneys are often attributed to poor lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits, and many such factors, through this, children can also develop many kidney-related problems.
While some of these complications might be congenital (like hydronephrosis), others can be due to a host of reasons, including UTI (urinary tract infections), kidney failure, kidney stones, or other medical conditions.
Renal conditions in children and adults can present doctors with different sets of challenges because both should be handled carefully and differently. Therefore, the skills and know-how of treating a child and an adult are very different. Our pediatric nephrologists are highly experienced in this subspecialty of renal sciences with a demonstrated history of delivering successful cases.
Vimhans Hospital is regarded as a core of excellence for paediatric nephrology. Backed by well-trained and professional staff, top-notch medical facilities, and technologies, we want to make every child smile and enjoy their childhood in the best possible way.
How We Treat and Manage Renal Complication
Our highly-skilled paediatric nephrologists are experts at diagnosing, treating, and managing the following renal complications, and more. Take a look:
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Kidney stone disease
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Congenital anomalies
- Vesicoureteric reflux (VUR)
- Inherited nephropathies
- Acquired tubulopathy
How do we diagnose kidney diseases in children?
We follow a systematic approach when it comes to diagnosing any health condition; the same applies to renal problems. We start by doing a physical examination, and then we inquire about the symptoms, if any, and the patient’s medical history. For a confirmed diagnosis, we prescribe the following tests:
- Dipstick test: It is a test to examine the presence of albumin in the urine. Healthy kidneys do not pass on albumin into the urine. So, the presence of the same might be a sign of kidney disease. The dipstick test helps confirm whether or not there is albumin in the urine.
- Albumin: This test is done to measure the albumin to creatinine ratio in the urine to find out any damage in the kidney.
- Blood test: A blood test estimates the amount of blood the kidneys can filter in a minute.
- Imaging tests: These tests help a doctor to identify any abnormality present in the kidney.
- Kidney biopsy: In this procedure, a small portion of kidney tissue is taken for examination. It is done to determine the cause and level of damage to the kidneys.
The Treatments We Provide
Paediatric nephrologists at Vimhans deal with a range of kidney problems that can affect the urinary tract and kidneys in kids. Our doctors believe in teamwork. Therefore, they work along with other healthcare professionals, like dieticians and trained nurses, for treating the renal complications in children in the best way possible.
We offer the following paediatric nephrology treatments at our hospital:
- Kidney transplantation
- Renal biopsies
- Analysis of lab reports associated with kidneys
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD)
Our paediatric nephrology department offers high-quality and cost-effective treatment options for a wide range of kidney diseases. We have facilities for both peritoneal as well as hemodialysis backed by the right and timely diagnostic services provided by our radiology, pathology, biochemistry, and nuclear medicine.
We continuously strive to improve our understanding of different health conditions and develop treatment strategies for providing our patients with best-in-class treatment.
Kidney Disease Management at Vimhans
Our team at Vimhans consists of top pediatric neurologists who have extensive experience in treating kidney diseases, depending on the underlying cause and severity of the condition. They will perform and take action depending on the reports and use a combination of various treatment procedures according to the needs and illness of the child.
Important Note to The Parents
Kidney problems exhibit a host of signs and symptoms. Here are some of the common symptoms of renal problems:
- Frequent urination
- Pain while urinating
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Blood in urine
- High blood pressure
- Frequent bedwetting during the night
- Swelling of ankles, feet, eyes
If your child is experiencing any of these symptoms, consult a doctor immediately. Our pediatric nephrologists will go the extra mile to provide the very best treatment and ensure that your child is safe and sound.