The Oncology Department at Vimhans Nayati Hospital provides excellent care to patients with cancer. The Department of Oncology is equipped with advanced technology diagnostic and treatment procedures. The state-of-the-art facilities offer evidence-based medicine to treat and prevent the recurrence of cancer.
The Oncology department comprises consultants, surgeons, radiologists, palliative care staff, nutritionists, trained nurses, physiotherapists, pathologists, and support staff, who have experience and expertise in managing various types of cancer. Being a multispeciality hospital, the oncology department is in direct contact with the other departments and takes their expert services as and when required. The team provides customized treatment to the patients.
The Oncology expert team adopts a multi-disciplinary approach for the treatment of cancer. The doctor plans the treatment according to the condition of the patient. The patient may provide a combination of various procedures that best suits the patient. The procedures for cancer treatment available at the hospital are chemotherapy, radiotherapy, immunotherapy, surgical intervention, hormonal therapy, and targeted therapy.
The Oncology department adopts a multi-disciplinary approach for the treatment of cancer. The doctor plans the treatment according to the condition of the patient. The patient may provide a combination of various procedures that best suits the patient. The procedures for cancer treatment available at the hospital are chemotherapy, radiotherapy, immunotherapy, surgical intervention, hormonal therapy, and targeted therapy.
Why choose Vimhans Nayati Hospital?
The Department of Oncology at Vimhans Nayati Hospital provides comprehensive care for cancer patients. The diagnosis, treatment, and care provided at the hospital meets the international standards. Vimhans Nayati Hospital offers:
- State-of-the-art cancer management: Vimhans Nayati Hospital has state-of-the-art cancer care facilities which include ultra-modern operation theatres, an expert oncology team, and support from the various therapeutic departments.
- Multi-disciplinary evidence-based approach: Vimhans Nayati hospital Cancer department has all the treatment options available for cancer management. We follow an evidence-based approach in planning the treatment.
- Advanced diagnostic services: Vimhans Nayati hospital is equipped with modern laboratory and imaging facilities that help the oncologists in the accurate diagnosis of cancer.
- Exceptional palliative care: The oncology department at Vimhans Nayati provides exceptional palliative care to the patients that include counseling and adequate pain management.
Vimhans Nayati hospital has the following technologically advanced services:
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
- CT-guided biopsy
- Breast cancer Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Digital Mammography
- Nuclear medicine
- PET and CT scan facilities
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy
- Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy
- Image-guided radiation therapy
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Managing various types of cancer
The Department of Cancer at Vimhans Nayati hospital manages all types of cancer at all stages. Some of the cancer types treated at the hospital are:
- Blood cancer
- Liver cancer
- Breast cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Brain tumour
- Lung cancer
- Throat cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Lymphoma (Hodgkin’s and Non-Hodgkin’s)
- Skin cancer
- Oral and oropharyngeal cancer
The oncology consultants at Vimhans Nayati hospital adopted one or more of the following treatments for managing cancer:
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is one of the most common treatment procedures effective in almost all types of cancer. Vimhans hospital has a separate area for the administration of chemotherapy. This is usually an outpatient procedure, and the patient need not be required to stay at the hospital after chemotherapy.
- Radiation Therapy: Advanced radiotherapy facilities are available at Vimhans hospital to kill the cancerous cells through radiations Various assisting techniques such as PET scan or CT scan helps the surgeon in the accurate detection and destruction of tumour cells.
- Surgery: The surgeons at Vimhans Nayati hospital are experts in performing cancer surgery with high success rates. The surgery may accompany chemotherapy or radiation therapy depending upon the stage of cancer.
- Cytoreductive surgery: Surgeons use this procedure to treat abdominal cancer. It is a complex procedure and may be done along with intraperitoneal chemotherapy in cases of advanced abdominal cancer.
- Immunotherapy: Oncologists administers various immunological drugs to increase the immune system. These drugs activate the immune system and help the body to fight against cancerous cells.
- Targeted therapy: Targeted therapy drugs specifically identifies and targets the cancerous cells. These drugs have fewer side effects as compared to chemotherapy.
- Hormonal therapy: The oncologists implement hormonal therapy to manage those cancers that require hormones to grow and spread. This includes breast cancer and prostate cancer. Hormone therapy either prevents or slows down the progression of the disease.
- Bone marrow transplant: The surgeons at Vimhans Nayati hospital can perform bone marrow transplant surgery in case the other treatment fails to manage the progression of cancer.
- 24-hours emergency services
- State-of-the-art operation theatres
- Specialized staff for chemotherapy administration
- Highly sophisticated laboratory and imaging services
- Ultra-modern ICU facilities
- Nutrition facilities
- Counselling for cancer patients
- Physiotherapy and rehabilitation
- Safe, comfortable, and de-stress environment for patients and attendants