The Centre of Excellence for Neurosciences at Vimhans Nayati Super Speciality Hospital is dedicated to offering comprehensive neurological care to patients suffering from various diseases, disorders and malignancies affecting the brain, spine and nervous system, both central and autonomic. Backed by state-of-the-art technology and expertise of our highly specialized team that consists of expert Neurologist, Neurosurgeons, Neuro-oncologists, Neuro-anaesthetist, and Neuro-critical care specialists, who work in close coordination to offer a multidisciplinary approach to address a broad spectrum of neurological conditions in people of all age groups.
The Centre offers a cutting-edge range of facilities under one roof, which encompass both inpatient and outpatient procedures, precision-based neuro-diagnostic services, up to the minute interventional procedures and world-class surgical facilities. With our unique approaches, we aim at giving you a personalized experience that is at par with excellence.
State of the art facilities
The Neuroscience Centre at Vimhans Nayati Super Speciality Hospital is backed by
- High-Resolution microscopes
- Precision-based imaging modalities
- Leading-edge surgical devices like Cavitron Ultrasonic Surgical Aspirator (CUSA)
- Cranial and Spinal Endoscopic facilities
- High-Speed Drills
- Neuro Navigation
- Dedicated neuro intensive care unit
Areas of excellence
The Centre is further streamlined into 3 specialities. These are:
- Neurology–The Centre for Neurology is dedicated to the diagnosis, assessment, treatment and management of a wide spectrum of neurological conditions in adults as well as children. We offer solutions for the most complex neurological problems with the latest treatment options and unparalleled guidance and care. The centre has a separate unit of paediatric neurology to address neurological ailments in infants, toddlers and children’s.
We offer treatment for the following conditions:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Cerebral palsy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Malignant and benign brain tumour
- Neurosurgery – The Centre for Neurosurgery is dedicated to offering a wide gamut of invasive treatments for addressing neurological problems that cannot be treated with the help of medication and therapies. With up to the minute procedures like deep brain stimulation (DBS), Vagus&peripheral nerve stimulation, Ventriculoperitoneal(VP) shunt, cranioplasty and awake craniotomy, we not only aim at treating the underlying condition but also strive seamlessly to improve the quality of the patient’s life. The treatment plan is based on a proper medical assessment of the patient and evaluation of all the possible outcomes to ensure that the surgery yields the best result.
Our state-of-the-art surgical facilities include:
- Brain tumour surgery
- Cerebrovascular Surgery
- Deep brain stimulation
- Key hole brain surgery
- Awake craniotomy
- Microneurosurgery for brain and spinal disorders
- Brain haemorrhage surgery
- Pituitary tumour surgery
- VentriculoperitonealShunt or VP shunt
- Spine surgery – The spine surgery unit is dedicated to offering expert and personalized surgical treatment to patients suffering from a wide spectrum of conditions specifically affecting the back and the neck. With integrated treatments ranging from conventional spine interventions to new minimally invasive and robot-assisted surgeries, we offer a holistic spectrum of care.
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Lumbar endoscopic discectomy
- Cervical endoscopic discectomy
- Image-guided endoscopic spinal surgery
- Spinal instrumentation
- Image-guided surgery
- Spinal tumours
- Spine deformity surgery